[Update]: since the video on youtube still look like crap ( 😦 ), I’ve re-uploaded the video on blip.tv and embedded from it.
Two weeks are gone without blogging, and now it’s time to show to the Planet the progess I made during this weeks with my GSoC project.
During week #4 I was somewhat busy with a College exam, however I performed a lot of fixes to the Authentication API, and got lots of headaches because of the qca-gnupg, again
Basically, when calling the startVerify(QByteArray &detachedSig) function, it randomly hangs, causing the library to freeze ( and thus the application too). After struggling a lot on the possible reasons, I noticed that the gpg process spawned by qca sometimes didn’t end, causing the issue. I wrote in the QCA mailing list, where I sent some feedbacks about what’s happened, but the problem doesn’t seems to be easily fixable. So, in the meantime, I wrote an other workaround to launch gpg with a KProcess and parse its output, until the patch is released.
During week #5 I started to deeply integrate the authentication library into the widget explorer. When I made this screenshot, I basically setted a fixed TrustLevel for each scirpted plasmoid, as well for the rating icons, to test how these new informations will look once merged with the usual UI. Now, instead, the ratings are retrieved by verifying each plasmoid against its signature, if any, and the informations about the signer are showed in the tooltip. Moreover, compared to the screenshot I linked above, the icons which represents the rating and running plasmoid are now better placed in the layout, in order to save space on the bottom of the Plasma widget explorer.
Oh well, stop talking now, and let’s see the video I made 🙂
Urghh, seems like Youtube is taking a lot to process my video…If tomorrow the condition is the same, I’ll re-upload on blip.tv .